This recipe is one of my favorites for a quick dinner during a busy week. I made this first time couple of weeks ago, and it turned out very, very good. Actually, we’ve been eating this already couple of times after that, and there’re many times to come, I’m sure!
The dish is everything you want from a dinner during the week: you make it easily in the oven, it has tons of veggies (and is easily varied) and lots of lovely spices. The nuts will be roasted in the oven with the veggies, and all this will be eaten with feta cheese (or nutritional yeast, if vegan or dairy free).
Even if I’m not vegan or vegetarian myself, I’ve noticed that nowadays I rarely eat meat. I do recommend this “part time” vegetarianism warmly – it doesn’t feel too restrictive, and is a “soft landing” for more ethical and ecological way of eating!
I hope you’ll love this recipe as well – below you’ll find directions how to make this dish vegan, if desired.
Wishing you lovely weekday dinners,
Roasted veggies and nuts with feta and herb oil
from three to four persons
ca. 400 g sweet potato
ca. 400 g egg plant
ca. 300 g cauliflour
ca. 100 g cashew nuts
salt, black pepper
1 tsp dried thyme
0,5 tsp oregano
ca. 150 g feta cheese (from goat or sheep milk)
(dairy free, instead of cheese: 1 dl sunflower seeds + 0,5 dl nutritional yeast)
0,5 dl virgin olive oil
juice of one small lemon
1 bunch of fresh basil
1 clove of garlic
1. Heat the oven to 175 degrees (Celsius).
2. Divide the egg plant into pieces. Sprinkle some salt on top and let be for a moment. Peel and dice also the sweet potato and cauliflower.
3. Dry the egg plant pieces, and mix up with the other veggies. Spread on top of baking tray, and add nuts (dairy free: add seeds as well). Sprinkle spices and oil on top, mix well.
4. Bake in the oven, for about 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile prepare the herb oil: add all the ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
6. When the veggies are roasted, and crumble the feta cheese on top (dairy free: add the nutritional yeast).
7. Serve with tasty herb oil, and enjoy!