Oh, once again I started the day with my current favourite breakfast. I just love oat “yogurt”, that can be easily made from oat flakes in a blender. I’ve tried this dairy free, vegan “oatgurt” in many flavors, and this tropical mango lemon variant is one of the best ones, in my opinion. The flavor is slightly sour, but sweet at the same time, thanks to mango. Oats blended with coconut milk brings softness along, and the combination of these gives the day a lovely start!
We’re again talking about a breakfast that is not only delicious, but also easy and effortless to make. Just add and blend the ingredients together in a blender night before, pop in fridge and when you get up, your brekkie is already waiting for you. Handy, isn’t it?
Enjoy your oat yogurt with berries on top, or with seeds and bee pollen, like I did. It’s actually quite nice to have something crunchy with the yogurt, to give you something to chew on too. Like this the digestion gets to work the way it’s supposed to do, plus the toppings give the yogurt a nice texture as well.
In terms of flavor the oat yogurt is good to go without toppings, so don’t worry if you have nothing to sprinkle on top – thanks to mango and lemon, it’s just lovely anyways!
✨ Please notice that this recipe is missing the beneficial flora that yogurt usually have, ’cause I’ve cut some corners and the oat yogurt is not fermented. So remember to enjoy your probiotics in some other form! ✨
Tropical “oatgurt” with mango and lemon
2 dl gluten free oat flakes
2 dl creamy coconut milk
2 dl plant based milk of choise
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 fresh mango
juice of one smallish lemon
1. Put the oat flakes in to a blender.
2. Add coconut- and the other plant based milk, plus the chia seeds. Blend until smooth.
3. Peel the mango and add it into blender, along with the lemon juice. Blend on high speed for a moment, until the texture is smooth and nice.
4. Pour the “oatgurt” into a bowl and put into freezer. Let be there over night.
5. In the morning, the “oatgurt” is ready. Serve with chosen toppings and enjoy! ✨