Hello everyone, hope you’re doing good! I am, thanks to these lovely licorice baked pears I made – they’re so good!
I had a shooting day and I wanted to thank the babysitters (aka my parents) for helping our family out once again. I had already spent a day in the kitchen, cooking and prepping and shooting, so I was looking for an easy (but delicious) solution. When I noticed some extra pears on the table, I knew instantly what to make: traditional baked pears, but served with coconut cream and some raw licorice.
They turned out super nice; sometimes simple is just the best!
So, when finished working, I cheered up the babysitters (and myself, too) with this lovely dessert. The crust on top has some rolled oats, sunflower seeds and raw licorice, that suits the sweet flavor or pears just perfectly. For serving I whipped up some coconut cream, and we were good to go!
Actually my mom loved the recipe so much that she wanted the recipe for herself before I had time to publish it here, to make it for her friends. The best feedback one can get, if you ask me!
Us grownups enjoyed the dessert with all the toppings, while my baby girl Amalia had to settle for only the pear itself – but she also seemed more than satisfied. Family approved recipe!
Hope you’ll love the recipe as well!
Licorice baked pears with coconut cream
2 dl gluten free rolled oats
1 dl sunflower seeds
0,5 tsp grounded vanilla
3 tsp raw licorice powder (strong)
0,5 dl coconut oil (melted)
n. 0,5 dl maple syrup (or other sweetener, like honey)
+ whipped coconut cream
1. Heat up the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Cut the pears into two pieces, peel them or wash well. Bake the halfs first 10 minutes in the oven. Meanwhile, prepare the crust: mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Take the pears out of the oven, and spoon the crust on top of the pears. Put back into oven and bake about 15 minutes more, until the crust has some colour and the pears are soft.
4. While the pears are baking, prepare the whipped coconut cream. Flavor with vanilla and licorice.
5. Serve the baked pears with coconut cream, enjoy!