Hey again, lovely, it’s so nice to have you back here!
Maybe you saw a picture online of these lovely, gluten free and vegan sweet pies, or maybe you just popped up to see if here’s anything new – either way, I’m really happy you’re here, especially today! And you know why? Because these sweet no bake – pies are simply divine!
I named these as Pastel Color Pies, even thought I know the colors are really too colourful to be named as pastels – but it was the best name I came up with, ha! Or how would you name these sweet, gluten free, no-bake vegan pies, which has pudding-like filling made from different fruits, berries and beetroot? Yep, quite hard! Anyways, the name is not the most important thing here: the taste of the pies is!
And, like I already mentioned: they’re divine. Sweet (but not too sweet, thanks to dates as sweeteners), moist (but not too moist), fresh and delicious feel-good food. And surprising, actually, too! Not always, when working on a recipe, I get excited like this. I actually had to make more of these for the shoot, because, well I’m sure you can quess: my famliy was home and we just had to try a bit of them before taking the pictures.. (Luckily it’s very easy and takes only about 20 minutes!)
I made the recipe in co-operation with Risenta, for who I’m happy to create recipes for. I used their oat flour and almond flour, that I simply love. The no-bake dough has these two flours, fresh dates and a bit of oil and salt – thats all. Simple and oh so good!
Oh yes, and the lovely fillings! You can choose your favorite and stick with that, of try all of them. But in case you choose to make all of them, be prepared that the people you enjoy these with will want to taste all the flavors!
I had four filling flavors myself: I’m sure you will come up with even more options! The yellow filling is of course lemon pudding (with some banana), pale pink one is cherries and strawberries, the green one has kiwi fruits and spirulina, and the pink pink has beetroot juice powder. All of these are mixed together with the base filling, that is coconut-chia pudding.
Sweet, nutritious, easy and oh so delicious – this one is a real must try!
Gluten free no-bake Sweet Pie (a.k.a Pastel Color Pie)
serves about four
Prepare the filling first, then the pie crust.
n. 6 Tbsp chia seeds
2 dl creamy coconut milk
1 dl oatgurt or other plant based yogurt
The flavors of the filling:
1) Pinkish filling: 1/4 of the base and handfull of fresh strawberries and cherries, + 1/2 banana, mixed together.
2) Green filling: 1/4 of the base and 1 kiwi, + 1/2 tsp sprirulina powder + 1/2 banana, mixed together.
3) Yellow filling: 1/4 of the base and peel of one organic lemon, grated + about 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and one diced banana – mixed by hand.
4) Dark pinki filling: 1/4 of the base and beetroot juice powder.
on top: kiwi, berries, lemon, some left over pie crust, etc.
1. Prepare the base filling: mix all the ingredients together, and let be for about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile prepare the flavors: mix all the ingredients together in separate bowls, and then mix together with the base filling (divided into four), by blender or by hand, depending on the flavor. Put into a fridge for a moment.
3. Prepare the no-bake crust.
1,5 dl oat flour
3 dl almond flour
12 fresh dates
about 1,5 rkl virgin coconut oil
1. Put all the ingredients into a blender, and mix. The dough should be easily “to handle” – if needed, add a bit of oil.
2. Tap the dough into the pie molds, and spoon the filling on top.
3. Ready! Store in fridge (but not too long to keep bright colors!) or serve right away, and enjoy!