In co-operation with Asennemedia and Urtekram
Christmas pizza! I simply couldn’t resist the idea of a Christmas pizza, that would be flavoured with all the Christmas spices. The traditional Christmas pice pudding would be on top of the bottom, and all this would be decorated with persimon, pomegranate seeds and dark chocolate.. Already the idea sounded so dreamy and delicious, that I couldn’t wait to try it.. And it was worth all the wait and mouth watering moments while planning the recipe!
The recipe was made to Urtekram Finland, so the pizza is filled with lovely, and always orcanic, products of theirs. If you aren’t here for the first time, you might know that always when it’s possible, I choose a product of organic production. That is one thing why co-operation with Urtekram is so nice – their products are always organic, and the company itself has been a pioneer in organic production: it was founded already 1972. Ever since they’ve been working to spread the message of organic lifestyle, and I’m so happy to work with them.
But yep, let’s get back to pizza!
Lovely, sweet and soft Christmas pizza. The base is made of gluten free organic oats and coconut flour, and seetened with a banana. The spices will take you directly into Christmas feeling, and the Christmas pudding ensures the strong Christmas vibes. You can use small gingerbread molds and make cute stars out of persimon, and decorate all with pomegranate seeds and dark chocolate. Divine! And something new for traditional Christmas!
Christmas pizza (gluten free, vegan)
1,5 dl oats
n. 0,5 dl coconut flour
1 ribe banana
about 2 dl plant based milk
1 Tbsp psyllium
hint of salt
0,5 tsp ceylon cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp virgin coconut oil (melted)
0,5 dl porridge rice
… dl coconut milk
salt, coconut sugar
Persimon stars, pomegranate seeds, coconut flakes, dark chocolate
1. Prepare the rice porridge: mix all the ingredients together, boil and and let boil on a low heat until the porridge is ready, thick and creamy.
2. Heat the ovet to 200 degrees.
3. Mix the ripe banana, and mix all the crust’s ingredients together.
4. Spread the dough onto big baking tray (use parchment paper), or two smaller ones. Make rounds. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the pizza crust is ready.
5. Spread the thick rice porridge pudding onto crust, and prepare the toppings. Make small stars out of sliced persimon, etc.
6.Ta daa – you’re ready to make new traditions with this lovely Christmas Pizza!